This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding a text or HTMl file into License Agreement

5 replies to this topic

Rashmi

Rashmi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 04:48

Hi All,

I want to know can we add a text format or Html format file to License agreement dialog box .By default its rft file right,so by any means can we add a text or html form file to License Agreement dialod in MSI peoject

Thanks and Regards,
Rashmi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 15:22

The control only supports RTF. But you can open a TXT file in Notepad, or a HTML file in a web browser.

Rashmi

Rashmi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:07

ok but I didn't get what you ahve said that I can open a text in notepad and view HTML file in browser.Can I include a text or html file into my installshield project,that my License Agreement dialog display this text or html file.

Thanks and Regards,
Rashmi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 15:23

You can include such a file with your setup, but you cannot display it in this dialog. You can however use a custom action to launch notepad.exe or the user's default web browser to display the file. However this would be a separate window, not in your dialog.
What's wrong with RTF? Why don't you convert your TXT or HTML to RTF?

Rashmi

Rashmi
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 14:49

ok fine,thanks for the sugesstion.we have html file for legal agreement,only for Installshield we were suppose to create RFT file,so thought of using same html file.Can you tell me why Installshield have restricted to use only RFT file?(its just a curiosity question)

Regards,
Rashmi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 14:53

When Microsoft defined the available user interface elements for MSI setups, they included a RTF text control, but no HTML control. So this is a limitation from Microsoft, not InstallShield, and I don't know the reason.