This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Product Name in Add/Remove programs

6 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 18:30

I wanted to change the product name that appears in the Add/Remove programs. Where is that stored in the IDE ?

I tried changing the Description->General Information->Product Properties->Name, but that does not change my product name in the Add/Remove prograns.

Is there some other place that I need to change at ?

Many Thanks,
Vishwa

Ozone

Ozone
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 21:37

Try: Description\General Information\String Tables\[Language] and change the string value of IFX_PRODUCT_NAME

stdcplusplus

stdcplusplus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:13

I can't find Description\General Information\String Tables\[Language] and change the string value of IFX_PRODUCT_NAME,

my InstallShield version is 11.0.028844, have any other way to modify the IFX_PRODUCT_NAME?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:16

Switch to the Installation Designer tab. Look there under Installation Information > General Information in the left hand tree. Select General Information > String Tables > English in the treeview in the middle frame.

stdcplusplus

stdcplusplus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:21

Too strange!!!
in my installshield, you can't see that string in the stringtable.
Is there any other way to modify the company name ?

By the way, the Setup.exe I build by installshield, when I right click it ,
see the property. It has a Version tab, the version , companyname and
the productname are not that I input, but the installshield's information.

arunparamasivam

arunparamasivam
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 20:43

I have another doubt regarding the display in Add / Remove programs. The size displayed in the Add/Remove Programs is not actual size the installer takes for installation of files. Can you point how this size is calculated and how it is displayed in the Add Remove Programs?

Regards
Arun

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 17:34

This is one of the mysteries of Windows Installer that I don't fully understand myself.