This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing different programs with single IS Pkg.

1 reply to this topic

umbro12

umbro12
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 19:17

Hello,

I appreciate the feedback to my previous post, and this one is along the same lines.

Is it possible to create a single installshield package to install 2 different and unrelated programs onto a machine? The problem that I'm having is that I'd like my IS package to have the capability to install Programs A & B independently, while creating separate "add/remove program" entries for each.

Currently, my IS package will create a single add/remove program entry for both A&B. Furthermore, when the user tries to install ONLY A (with B already installed)....B gets removed. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

thanks for the help!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:28

You could create one "umbrella" setup (either with InstallShield or as a exe) that would call Setup A and Setup B in a row.
There are some tools that might be useful for that purpose at http://www.autorun.info , in particlar "CD Browser Written in InstallScript".