This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Specifying arguments for "Execute Proces"

1 reply to this topic

Naresh.Ch

Naresh.Ch
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 21:18

Hi Stefan,

I am creating an universal installer project using Installshield X Premier 10.02.I want to run it on Solaris platform and I am using Oracle database.

In the pre-install sequence, after taking the database details in a customized dialog, I am running 'sqlplus' utility to validate the details.

So I am using the wizard action "Execute Process" with the command as 'sqlplus' and arguments as -L,$V(User)/,$V(Password)@,$V(tnsname). I am using the '-L' option for taking the logging in only once and has given the above arguments one per each line(ie .,-L in one line, $V(User)/ in one line etc).But the return value associated with the "execute process" is returning always zero( irrespective of correct/wrong details) .I am using the string resolver (ie $W(executeprocess.returnValue)) for capturing the return value of the "execute process".

I think I am specifying the arguments wrongly. I tried out almost all the possible combinations !!!!

Waiting for your reply..

Sorry for troubling you and Thanks in advance...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:57

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the arguments for sqlplus, nor am I an expert for the Universal project type. Maybe someone else can help?