This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI 2.03 not starting up...

4 replies to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 18:06

I have MSI 2.03 and now all that happens is the splash screen pops up and then disappears...

I went to the log file and found this...

D:\BldRoot\source\src\iside\iside.cpp 622: ActiveX component can't create object

> ISApp.CApp.StartApp
   > ISApp.CApp.IApp_Start

My D: drive is a CD-ROM.

This started to happen when I installed some other software to evaluate, didn't like it and deleted it.  The "Starting Windows Installer" dialog box came up like 10-15 times and then went away.  I uninstalled and reinstalled (with reboots each time) the product a couple of times, but nothing is working.

I need to find out what is going on ASAP.  Any ideas?

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 18:52

posty,

I got the same thing when I installed the eval 7.00 ISD on my development 2.03 box.  Oops.  Won't be doing that again.  Anyways after uninstalling I couldn't seem to get Humpty Dumpty back together again and had to reload the box

:(

You migt want to try launching iside.exe from it'[s install location to see if that might work.  I cannot remember so well but I think I was able to launch the IDE in this fashion.

Kurt Schneider

• 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 19:19

I had tried that way as well, but that didn't work either.  I really don't want to rebuild everything from scratch.  There has to be some way to fix this.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 19:54

posty,

From the error message it appears as if something that was registered is no longer register, or registered incorrectly.  
Try running:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer Edition\System\isapp.dll"

Kurt Schneider

• 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 20:14

Yeah I tried that as well...  In fact, I tried registering all of the DLLs in that directory and I am still having the problem.