This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Condition?!

2 replies to this topic

moench

moench
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 13:51

hi,
is it possible to create a condition that checks the drives c,d,e what ever and install the package there were it found something for example a file or a path. the problem is i have two packages for one appliation. i can create a condition that checks for the first package (if its installed) but the problem is when the first package is installed at d: the second package doesn't care about the fact that the first one is installed on d: and install itself on c: and thats bad. the application is huge so it's not on every pc possible to install it on c:
i am thankfull for ervery answer

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:34

You can use AppSearch to look for a file on all local hard disks, but that can take long. Maybe the information si somewhere in registry? Or has the other version been installed using MSI? In this case you can get the location eithere using MSI API functions, or using AppSearch and CompLocator tables.

moench

moench
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 16:10

thx but the condition is no longer necessary