This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Language Dialog

10 replies to this topic

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:06

Hello
Sometimes, all thou I set on building my setup "Enable Language Dialog",
this dialog is missing when I run setup.exe.
Can somebody explain me why is this happening? Is it my fault?
Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 19:17

Do you have multiple languages included in your build?

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:48

Yes, I did.
I have 13 languages and english is selected as default, but the dialog still doesn't appear.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:23

I don't think I've seen such a problem before. Can you reproduce it with a new (empty) test project?
The language dialog should be displayed before your script starts, but just to be sure please remove all script from your project, or try with a new project.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 20:20

Hi,
I deleted all the scripts from my project, including my function and other std functions; also the attached files. so the project is "empty" now, but it still doesn't work.
With the wizard, I created a second project and it sems to work just fine. I "copy-pased" all the scripts from the second installer into the first one, but no succes.
Can it be something else to set that I might forget?
Thaks again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 20:11

I don't think it's a script problem. Compare all the project and media settings of the two projects.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 15:17

Hi,
I did this too and it seems to be no differences.
I am attaching here the empty project with the problem, maybe you can take a quick look on it.
Thank you.

Attached Files

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 20:44

I don't have Professional 7 installed right now. So I imported your project into 10.5 and built the media. Works properly. So it looks like your project file settings are okay. Did you test this on a different machine?

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:37

Hi,
I tested the application on another machine and it's running properly...
I don't understand what is the problem: can it be something that I erroneously wrote in my computer registries?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 14:29

Could it be that the setup has already run on the failing machine, so that it's already installed? I believe the language selection dialog only coes up during first time install. Try and uninstall, or make sure you always test on a clean machine (VirtualPC or VMware are very useful tools)

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:30

I think you are right.
I had installed on my computer an old version of this project where the maintenance
was set to "Standard".
Because, on the new version, there is no maintenance, the program is still installed
on my computer.
Thanks again