This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dll registration Problem

9 replies to this topic

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2002 - 04:52

HI,
   I faced a problem in installing our package in windows NT.[Fresh Machine, with no other software installed in it]
The error is as follows,
"The following file did not Selfregister or unregister" Myfile.dll
our dll MYfile.dll is an activex dll.
The same package got installed in windows xp, windows ME,
windows 2000 and windows '98.[Fresh Machine]

If MS-Office is installed before installing our package, it does not throw any error.The package works fine.
Has anyone faced the same problem.
What is the file that is missing and makes our dll from getting registered.

Thanks in advance
preethi

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 June 2002 - 20:19

Could be many figure things since a clean copy NT is lacking most everything.

If you have access to Visual C++, run its Dependency Checker on the DLL to see what additional file(s) it needs to be happy.  If you don't have access to it, then you can probably find some equivalant on the web.  InstallShield even has something along these lines, but I've never tried to use it.
user posted image

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 04:27

HI,
   I tried adding the dependencies caught with VC++ dependency walker.Inspite of adding all those dependencies I facing with the same problem.
I have also formatted the machine many times.Still the problem exist.

Thanks
Preethi

MarkoK

MarkoK
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 17:21

Did you try installing service pack 6a or Internet Explorer 5.5/5.02 onto this particular NT4 machine?

Regards,
Marko

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 13:53

Yes I have installed the above said service pack and IE, still I am not able to sort out the problem

Thanks
preethi

MarkoK

MarkoK
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 17:46

Download the newest dependency walker from http://www.dependencywalker.com.

This one can profile program calls. Just profile a call of regsvr32.exe with your particular file as its argument and take a look at the log in the log window below the options.

Regards,
Marko

args...bad orthographie

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 06:45

HI Markov,
              When I used the depency walker, I faced with the following problem.

When the dependency walker(downloaded from http://www.dependencywalker.com/) was run in Windows 2000, it worked fine.

When the same dependency walker was run in Windows NT it gave the following warning together with other dependent files.

Warning : At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Thanks
Preethi

MarkoK

MarkoK
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 12:07

Hmm, when do these errors occur? Starting  depends.exe or profiling regsvr32 with yourdll.dll? Please clarify.

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 10:35

HI,
  While  profiling regsvr32 with ourdll.dll?

Found all the dependencies with VC++ dependency walker, but still our dll does not get registered in fresh windows NT machine. It says "Load Library Failed"

Thanks
Preethi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 13:23

This means that a file is missing. Dependency Walker wil tell you which.