This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

deploying msi using Active Directory

2 replies to this topic

alle11

alle11
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:53

Hi,

I have created installscript msi using installshield x pro. I am deploying it using active directory. However, it doesn't work and got the error (event id 102, 1030) in the event viewer. I have assigned the computer. It also have the error about Installscript engie is missing but my client machine already have isscript10.msi installed on client machine. The msi gets assisgned properly but fails to install. I am not sure about the resaon for this behavior and what i can do to reslve this issue.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 14:16

InstallScript MSI projects require the setup.exe file. Active Directory only handles .msi files. It's my understanding that if you want to distribute installation packages through Active Directory, you must use the Basic MSI type in InstallShield.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

alle1

alle1
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:51

Its a installscript project but i am deploying using msi and its working fine at my end (no issues with it) but its taking lot of time nearly 1 hour. The uinstallation is not big. I am not sure abt the reason.

I would appreciate if some one knows abt it and forward it to me.

Thanks