This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

AppSearch doesn't work???

3 replies to this topic

jonty

jonty
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 15:36

I have used the "System Search" wizard to lookup a value in the registry and set a property to its value. I have even confirmed in the "Direct Editor" that the AppSearch and RegLocator tables are setup correctly, but it does not work. Below are my tables:

AppSearch Table
----------
Property:MQS
Signature:NewSignature12

RegLocator Table
----------
Signature:NewSignature12
Root:2
Key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters
Name:MQS
Type:2

I have confirmed that the AppSearch action is called just before LaunchConditions in both the InstallExecuteSequence and InstallUISequence. I have also created the property in the property table and set it to -1. However, if I put the property on the Welcome dialog it always says -1 no matter what I set the value in the registry to. I have had a support call into InstallShield about this, but after being supplied with the project file and the log files they couldn't figure it out and closed the call as I didn't chase them after 2 days :-(

Any help with this would be appreciated as I really need this to work.

Thanks

Jonty

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 19:51

Hi Jonty,

There's nothing wrong I can find in the System Search. Could you confirm whether you are installing the app in elevated user (normal user with elevated privilege to install msi). If so try setiing the EnableUserControl=1 in the msi. I find this is the only reason a search can fail.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 08:25

Your RegLocator settings mean that in the Parameters key there's a named value with name MQS. Is that corrrect? I.e. in RegEdit you see Parameters is in the left hand side tree view, and MQS in the right hand side list?

Or are you looking for the Default value of key Parameters\MQS? I.e. MQS is also in the left hand side tree view?

jonty

jonty
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 11:01

I think the .ism must have become corrupted. I started a new project and created everything from scratch and it now works. However, this is not the first time I have had the AppSearch stop working, so I think there may be a bug somewhere. Thanks for all the help everyone.