This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CtrlSetText on a status dialog

1 reply to this topic

CapKrunch

CapKrunch
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 16:05

My 1st order of business was to use a customized progress meter.  I chose to modify IS dialog 10303 (statusdlg), as I didn't know how to control a progress bar by any other method than installshield's SetStatusWindow.

Having done that, I now have control of a progress bar on a dialog. Sweeet.

Next, I added a new static text field to the dialog.  I want to modify the text in it.  The only method I know of is IS's CtrlSetText(<dialog name>, <controlid>, "text").

My 24 million dollar question is:  What is the dialog name of Installshield's status dialog(s)?  I combed through the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\InstallShield Professional 6.1\Script\ISRT\Include\SDINT.H to no avail.  None of the dialogs in the <10301-10313> range have disclosed dialog names.

Does somebody know the dialog name I can place as the 1st parameter of the CtrlSetText() function here?

Alternatively, does somebody know how I can use a progress meter in a custom dialog in ISUSER.dll without using SetStatusWindow?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark

CapKrunch

CapKrunch
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 23:06

For those that are interested, I found a workaround.  

I am using FindWindow("Status Dialog Titie) to get the hwnd of th window.  

Then I'm using InstallDialogue's IdGetDlgItem(<dlg hwnd>, <control ID>) to get the hwnd of the control  

Then I'm using IdSetWindowText(<ctl hwnd>, "text") to set the text.

Sweeet.