This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Property state during the installation lifetime?

2 replies to this topic

UltraGenda

UltraGenda
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 08:30

Hi,

I've developed a dialog which has an edit box bound to a property called 'WEBSITENAME'.  The user enters a value in the edit box during installation.  The property has a default value of 'Default Web Site'.  During the installation, the property has the value the user entered.  During the removal of the install, it has the default value again.  This leads me to suspect that the install database does not store it's state.  However, it does remember where I installed this product.  How can I make my own properties persistent too.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 08:52

You could write them to the registry during the install, then read them back at the start of the uninstall.

I *think* that Windows Installer writes it's properties to the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer.  However, yours can be placed wherever you feel like.