This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows 98?

2 replies to this topic

CGreg

CGreg
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 20:42

Hey guys, does Windows Installer 2.0 have any special requirements for Windows 98?  A service pack or anything?  I'm running an install on a Win 98 machine and I'm getting an message box telling me I need a service pack to install the latest version of Windows Installer before I can install the msi package.  Why isn't it replacing the existing 1.2 installer?  I'd appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 00:37

Not sure why it isn't replacing the engine, but Yeah you need to install the 2.0 engine to get it to work.  I was under the impression that if you ran your setup from Setup.exe it would install the latest engine and then launch the .msi.  I hate to think that it is not.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 19:11

Just had a thought

In the releases view there is that option to have the setup include the Win9x MSI engine.  I would ensure that it is checked on if you already haven't

Kurt