This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Vista UAC problem during upgrade

3 replies to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:31

Anyone familiar how the first dialog(configurations) works during upgrade(Wise installer project) when your application is launch for the first time?

My problem exist when my application was upgrade and first launch with UAC enabled in Vista. It displays an error 1721 which on fresh install don't happen. I executed the installer with log however, since the problem occur on first launch of application so no log anymore.

Please if anyone knows how to handle this problem. It's our project release and we cannot proceed with it dure to this problem. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:31

QUOTE (badzoy07 @ 2009-03-23 02:31)
I executed the installer with log however, since the problem occur on first launch of application so no log anymore.

As you know, 172x errors occur when a script fails to complete.

To get a log ,enable the MSI Logging Group Policy. Details can be found here.

Also [puts on drum for banging], a process/file/registry monitor like ProcMon will show you exactly what resource the script is trying to access.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:04

Thanks VBScab. It seems that it is really a bug of Vista. I found out that the problem is in the shortcut itself that the file lacks permission maybe due to it's new location which is ProgramData that is hidden by defaut.

Does anyone have idea how to correct the shortcut for Vista? Can I remove the shortut and create a new one before the installer is about to finish? Does this make sense to do? Thanks in advance!

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:55

QUOTE (badzoy07 @ 2009-03-27 06:04)
It seems that it is really a bug of Vista.

I think that's extremely unlikely. Again I say, use a process/file/registry monitor to see what resource is being accessed.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.