This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

automatic registeration of dll

1 reply to this topic

ray827

ray827
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 20:53

hi,
I have written a dll in VC++ using ATL which i want people to download from the net. I used InstallShield to create a setup program and made changes to the code to simulate the wokring of RegSvr32. Although my setup program makes an entry in the windows registry my my toolbar(dll) does not show up when i launch Intenet explorer. When i run RegSvr32 it works fine. What am i doing wrong. I really appreciate  help. Is there functionality to RegSvr32 other then creating an entry in windows.Thanks.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 09:58

Installshield builds the class, typelib and registry tables by examining  changes to the registry.  However. it does not look everywhere it should.  One particular area I have noticed that is omiited are shell namespace entries.

You can overcome this problem by entering the omitted entries directly into the registry table.