This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge Modules not installing

3 replies to this topic

stevenbc

stevenbc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 21:57

Hi,

I have a visual studio installer application that I work on. This project includes a number of merge modules from Crystal Reports. These modules were installing at the beginning of the year. We are just completeing a new build of the main application and I need to find out why the modules are not installing.

The modules are in the project and the only differences when I had a look at a source safe history report were the productname (new version added), the productcode (New guid) and the product name (version number). The upgradecode was the same.

I do not know where to start looking for the problem, please someone a starting point.

Thanks

Steven

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:55

Are you installing this as an update, or on a clean system? Also, a verbose log (http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm) should tell you why the files are not being installed.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:57

Do the merge modules perhaps have licensing requirements? Some merge modules actually require licenses compiled into them - I believe Crystal reports is one of them.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

stevenbc

stevenbc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 00:31

Thank you Stefan. I have never asked a quetion on this site that your answers have not helped me with. I did not know about the verbose log. It has helped me tremendously. I deleted the merge modules from the project and added them back again and it fixed some problem with the MSI database.

Thanks again

Steven