This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

problem in changing component at time o frepair

1 reply to this topic

sapna

sapna
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:03

Hi ,
I hv made a custom installer using .net deployment projects .It has two types of installation options which on basis of user entry in custom dialog it installs.

However I want to provide user the facility to move from one version to another.
Can U suggest me method to do this.
(I know to use orca)

I tried it by changing instaluisequence table and controlevent table.
What I hv done is that in maintenance dialog ,on clicking the repair button ,i hv redirected it to my custom dialog which asks for user choice .After this it shows the installation progress dialog and complete dialog.But
actual installation is not happening in background.

Plz help
thanx
sapna

mandy1

mandy1
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 13:25

Assuming I understand the question (and I'm not sure I do), you might have 3 features like:

-Version1
-Version2
-Common

Say a user installs the feature "Version1", they will also get feature "Common".

If the user wants to upgrade to "version2", feature "Version1" should be uninstalled first?

If so, I'd include a vbscript with a shortcut (called "Upgrade" or something), in feature "Version1". The script would use automation ('WindowsInstaller.Installer") to uninstall feature "Version1", then install feature "Version2".