This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield 2010 IDE Questions...

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 19:55

Hi all,

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct InstallShield specific forum for these inquiries, but here goes...

First, I was wondering if there was a way, on the Files and Folders view to show only files for the selected Feature above. Currently, I select a feature to add files to, check in some way, etc, but I see all the files that will be installed to a location, not just those tied to the selected feature. Is there an option setting for this somewhere?

Also is there an options setting to hold the last viewed or selected feature on the Files and Folders view. I'll add some files to a feature, check a few things in the components view and return to the Files view, but the selected Feature defaults to the first in the list and not the one I was just working with. What happens is sometimes I will forget to check and just start adding files again, which go to the wrong feature. I then have to go the the FeatureComponents table to make the corrections. It's not a huge deal, but a pain sometimes.

And lastly...

I have some components set with .NET COM Interop = Yes; .NET Scan at Build = Properties Only.

On my build machine I have .NET 4 installed, but in the Microsoft.NET folder I have the following directories...

v2.0.50727
v3.0
v3.5
v4.0.30319.

For registration to be extracted and added to the .msi, I'm assuming RegAsm, possibly with a /regfile, is run because I see a .reg file created in my file source location. My question, which version or from what version of .NET is RegAsm run? Is it from the highest, or here, v4.0.30319 folder?

I'm having what might be some problems associated with registration during the install as 'stuff' isn't working post install.

Any insight here would also be appreciated!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 18:37

You can't filter that view, but you can select "Show Components". This will group the files by Component.
You could also go to Setup Design where oyu have a hierachical view of oyur features and components, and in the components the associated files. YOu can also add files there.

For me (InstallShield 2011) the drop down box remembers the last feature that was selected.

I don't know how the .net scan is performed internally. But under Tools > Options > .NET you configure the directory where regasm and installutil are located.