This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Hanging with Crystal MMs?

4 replies to this topic

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 00:46

i have an application that includes the crystal merge modules. it installs fine, but when you uninstall on some machines, the uninstall hangs at 11% and says "unregistering modules". it doesn't error out so i have to end the task. the last entries in the verbose log is:

MSI (s) (A0:68): Executing op: SetTargetFolder(Folder=C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Report Designer Component\)
MSI (s) (A0:68): Executing op: RegSelfUnreg(File=craxdrt9.dll,FileID=craxdrt20.dll.68FCF676_98BE_41AD_8EC9_E806EEC940CB)
SelfUnregModules: File: craxdrt9.dll, Folder: C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Report Designer Component\

has anyone seen this before? it doesn't happen on all machines. thanks for any input or advice.

--jake

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 15:03

What happens if you unregister that DLL manually using regsvr32? Does that work?

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 21:35

i've tried that and unfortunately it still doesn't work. it's really quite strange. any other suggestions?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 17:03

I suspect that some file that your DLL relies upon is either missing or outdated. Dependency Walker may give you a clue.

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 20:39

the dll is actually a crystal reports 9 dll which is why it's so bizarre. i tried dependency walker anyway and didn't find any problems. have you seen something like this before?

thanks,
jake