This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch InstallShield 11.5 Premier Standalone Build

1 reply to this topic

seandockery

seandockery
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 23:26

I am attempting install InstallShield 11.5 Premier Standalone Build on some newly provisioned build machines. The last time that SAB was installed was several years ago by someone who is no longer with the company.

I see that there are a number of problems identified for InstallShield 11.5 on the InstallSite.org web site (http://www.installsi...bugs_isw115.htm), including numerous "hotfixes" that can be installed.

Questions regarding these...

How can I determine if a given "hotfix" or patch applies to and, hence, should be applied to Standalone Build?

How do I patch Standalone Build when there are no specific instructions in the Flexera Software (nee Macrovision nee InstallShield) knowledge base?

Thanks for your time.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 14:48

Usually, hotfix and service pack knowledge base articles mention whether they apply to the SAB, too, and how to update it. Not sure if this was also tghe case back in the time of IS 11.5 (which is no longer supported so some fiexes may no longer be available).