This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Skin Customization

3 replies to this topic

fgorseth

fgorseth
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:56

When running the CreateSkinFile utility, I get the following error message:
"Unable to produce skin output file. Please, check your skin.ini file."

I have tried to used the examples that comes with the Skin Customization kit, but I get the same error message. I have also tried to remove everything (exept from the mandatory lines) from the skin.ini file, but still the same problem.

Extracting files from an existing setup.isn file works fine, but I am not able to produce a new setup.isn file. Please help!

D.Erin Roberts

D.Erin Roberts
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 20:48

Everytime I've had this error its been a simple mistake. Example my skin.ini referred to .gif files and I was using .bmp's . If you want to post your skin.ini and a list of what is in the directory with it I will take a look for you.

mgoosen

mgoosen
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:53

Hi,

The most likely cause is that the createskinfile.exe file and it's dll is in the same directory as source. Crateskinfile.exe must not be run from the same directory as your gif, bmp and ini (source) folder.

Edited by mgoosen, 17 February 2005 - 12:54.

jyrki

jyrki
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:12

Try to direct the output to a completely different directory (e.g. C:\Temp).
Try removing all whitespaces in your paths (removing the blank in C:\Programme\Macrovision\IS2008\Skin CustomizationKit helped in my case although I have some doubts if that can really be a problem).