This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

REINSTALL=ALL doesnt work for 1st timers

2 replies to this topic

chriso

chriso
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 20:42

I had added the following CmdLine value to my SETUP.INI file:

CmdLine=REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus

This works great IF the user had ALREADY installed the program before.  But if i REMOVE the program completely (using Control Panel), and then run this installation package again, it does NOT install the program.

Is there some setting that i am missing?

Any ideas?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 22:18

Yes. See the description here on InstallSite under Windows Installer -> Tools & Tips -> Updates and Patches

secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 03:15

I am doing a minor upgrade of a program also.
I am building this in Visual Studio Installer and then using Orca to customise the changes. The following are the details

ProductName = "MyProgram" (Unchanged in both Versions)
ProductCode  = Unchanged in both verions
ProductVersion = Old: 1.2.8.0 New: 1.3.0.0
UpgradeCode = Unchanged in both versions.
MSI File Name Unchanged in both versions

I downloaded GUIDGEN and generated a new PackageCode and added it to the summary information of the new msi (I ensured all hex alpha characters where in upercase).

I then used msistuff to put the REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vemus properties in the setup.exe bootstrapper.

When I run this on first time install, all is well. When I try and upgrade an old version install it brings up the Repair/Remove Screen, and is not completing an upgrade of the installation.

What am I doing wrong here guys?