This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install for All Users

3 replies to this topic

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:53

Hi,

When I created an ".iss" response file with setup.exe /R, I did not see any "all users" or "just me" options.

The desktop icon goes to "all users" profile and the start menu items go to the current profiles (just me). Is there any way to fix this. For an MSI I'd use the ALLUSERS property, is there anything I can add to the response file?

Note I didn't create the installer, I'm just trying to install it.

I also don't actually know of any way to tell what Install Shield product was used to package it (so I took a stab and posted here), is there any way to tell?

Thanks,
Dennis

---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 17:49

Whats the version number and product info of the setup.exe? This might help to identify the InstallShield proudct and version has was used.

Does the setup work properly with full ui? In other words: is this a silent install problem only, or a general problem wirth this setup?

In any case, I don't think there's anything you can put in the .iss to switch to an all-users install if the setup isn't prepared for it.

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 22:25

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2008-03-07 02:49)
Whats the version number and product info of the setup.exe? This might help to identify the InstallShield proudct and version has was used.

Does the setup work properly with full ui? In other words: is this a silent install problem only, or a general problem wirth this setup?

In any case, I don't think there's anything you can put in the .iss to switch to an all-users install if the setup isn't prepared for it.

I should have noticed this in the generated ".iss" file earlier:

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v6.00.000

SETUP.EXE file version: 6, 22, 100, 1441

I also though of thsi after posting and no a full ui install (and not changing
the start menu) still causes this problem.

If there is no quick fix then I'll go with the slower workaround, thanks.

Dennis
---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 18:03

So that would probably InstallShield Professional 6.22

Apparently this setup doesn't properly support all-user installs. Without access to the script source code I guess there's nothing you can do to fix it.