This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add/remove program uninstall vs Remove all

5 replies to this topic

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 13:14

Hi all,
i didnt think there was a difference between using the remove option inthe modify dialog to uninstall the installation and the add-remove programs remove.  However there does seem to be a difference with my installation. Does anyone know why this would be??
The problem is that a user uninstalled with the add/remove programs option  and was able to reinstall and run OK , but when they used the remove option from the modify window they were not able to run the program again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 16:39

Remove from control panel runs uninstall with basic user interface, which means that the InstallUI sequence is skipped.

atti

atti
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 16:25

Hi!

That's something I thought. But still I've got the problem that the AppSearch action doesn't seem to be run in the Execute Sequence.
When I simply use the remove button (and not modify/remove) the uninstall is stopped at the launch condition.
I already checked for the existence of the Appsearch Action -> it's there and according to conditions should be executed. Position is before launch Condition.
I also checked the Launch Conditions. They are correct because they work on install and on modify/remove.

Funny, isn't it? Does anybody know if this behaviour is possibly a bug/a feature of the installer engine?

Greetings
Astrid Bröcker

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 18:03

AppSearch is run in the execute sequence when uninstalling.  

Create a log file and you will see what is going wrong.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 16:35

Hi,
You can set a condition for AppSearch as "Not Installed" (runs during the installation) or "Installed" or "REMOVE=ALL" (runs during the uninstallation)

atti

atti
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 17:23

Hi,

I think I found the solution:
when you move the AppSearch Action inside the IDE by using move up in the Context Menu to run before the Launch Conditions the sequence number becomes 24 on the InstallUISequence and 0 on the execute sequence.
So the AppSearch Action really isn't carried out  on the execute sequence.

Greetings
Astrid