This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialog

2 replies to this topic

laraneo

laraneo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 22:43

Hello I am trying to get an user input with a custom dialog in a InstallShield MSI Project (Windows Installer).
First I created the dialog (ie. called Dialog1) and defined the controls (textboxes), which have their ControlID, but my custom dialog itself doésn´t have one.
(Installshield recommends that to instantiate the dialog, the numericID is used instead of the name of the dialog)

When in my script I try to invoke:
nCmdValue = WaitOnDialog(szDialogName);

nCmdValue always return DLG_ERR, and can´t find why.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files

luckyboy27

luckyboy27
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 17:48

First, did you define your dialog using EzDefineDiag, or DefineDiag? I had the same issue, and gave up trying to create it that way. Create the dialog in a _isuser.dll and import that into your project instead. This will give you an ID instead of just a dialog name. It doesn't seem as if you can get a window handle via the dialog name, unless you specifically define the dialog first, and even then I could never get it to work if I was using a dialog name.

Also to get more usful information about your error, try this lines right after WaitOnDialog

MessageBox(FormatMessage(Err.LastDllError), WARNING);

That will give you a much more specific error.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:36

Moving thread to "InstallScript MSI" forum