This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Destination Dialog - Change has poisoned my instal

1 reply to this topic

KipHansen

KipHansen
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 03:51

Just as I am about to ship my product, some unknown change to the project (or glitch in the tables) has caused the Destination Dialog - Change button to cause the install program to crash.  No subsequent install/reinstall gets the Change button to work.

On some platforms, testers report a "works once" but then forever fails.

The install works fine as long as you don't use the Change button in the Destination Dialog.  

Has anyone got a clue or suggestion?  

Verbose logging shows only that the install started the Destination dialog, but records no error.

KipHansen

KipHansen
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 15:13

The Change button is supposed to set _BrowseProperty to [INSTALLDIR] and pass this to the directory window as the intial directory to open.  Investigation revealed that the intsall was failing to set the _BrowseProperty to the value of [INSTALLDIR], or any other value.  _BrowseProperety not being set caused this to fail with no error messages or hint as to what had occurred.

While I have no idea why this was the case, I was able to work around it by adding _BrowseProperty to the property table with a default value (I used C:\;).  With _BrowseProperty exisitng in the Property Table, the install was then able to set the property to [INSTALLDIR] and all was well.

This should NOT be necessary, but having worked, I am loathe to go back and try to figure out what made it necessary.