This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

product does not match the installation source(s)

1 reply to this topic

rangasamy007

rangasamy007
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 14:37

Hi All,

I have built an application (Single MSI Package) using c#.NET 2010 with installshield 2009. Then I installed it on my machine and proceeded to modify development code and recompiling the application many times, hence changing the original msi used for installation.

Now I am trying to unistall older version of the app on my machine using application uninstall menu(Start menu) and I get error message saying that

The installed product does not match the installation source(s).
Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed.

But when I tried unistalling throught Add/Remove Programs, I got the same error.

How can I uninstall the older version?

and What is the difference between "Single MSI Package" and "Single Executable"?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 14:21

I'm not sure why this would happen (are you creating a custom uninstall entry?) but to ork around it you could call:

msiexec.exe /x {ProductCode}

Inside the {} specify the ProductCode GUID of your msi.

A single msi is one .msi file that also contains your application file.
A single exe is a self-extracting setup.exe which contains your .msi and application files.