This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

macromedia flash player 8 msi install error

5 replies to this topic

pippo66

pippo66
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 16:11

I' m trying to install macromedia flash player 8 msi on win xp sp2.
I need to run the installation from an admin user but the logged user is different and has no admin privileges.

Into the log file produced I can see the following error:

GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return Code = 0x800401e3

I have searched for a solution on the net and the suggestion was to change the identity of the InstallShield InstallDriver component.

I've tried to change the InstallShield identity from 'interactive user' to 'run user' but when I run the msi the identity is changed again.

Could anyone help me ?

Thanks

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:25

How did you change to launching user? Did you use the component services applet available in "Administrative Tools"? If not, try again:

1: Open the control panel
2: Go to Administrative Tools
3: Go to Component Services
4: Locate the DCOM configuration entries under "Component Services"
5: Look for installshield / installscript entries in the list, right click, properties
6: Select the identity tab, and switch it to launching user

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

pippo66

pippo66
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:04

Hi,

I've used dcomcnfg.exe and I've changed all the InstallShield InstallDriver entries to launching user but after the msiexec command one entry (the used one I suppose..) is setted to interactive user....

Thanks

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 00:38

Is the custom action scheduled as immediate or deferred? If deferred, is it set to run in user context or system context?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

pippo66

pippo66
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:13

Sorry, but my knowledge about msi is not so deep...which custom action do you mean ?

Edited by pippo66, 13 April 2007 - 15:47.

Btil Entrails

Btil Entrails
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:05

GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return Code = 0x800401e3

Working on an install that did the following steps:
1) Test for IDriver.exe that was installed by InstallShield 10, if it is not found then run InstallShield 10 installation.

2) Install application that needed InstallShield 10.

This was not working and would get the an error, "GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return Code = 0x800401e3".

My fix, that was recommended here.
http://forum.install...ST&f=32&t=20434

I changed the scripted install to use a pause between the InstallShield 10 install and the execution of the application that needed to use InstallShield 10.

My working installation script now does the following:
1) Test for IDriver.exe that was installed by InstallShield 10, if it is not found then run InstallShield 10 installation.

2) Pause 50000 milliseconds (allows the InstallShield 10 installation to complete tasks I could not control with a wait command in the script)

3) Install application that needed InstallShield 10.

Maybe not a fix for all, but something to try.

Edited by Btil Entrails, 21 September 2012 - 22:11.