This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

VS Installer

2 replies to this topic

pete gibbs

pete gibbs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 16:23

Am I missing something obvious?
I have a 9 applications, all of which I want to install in a single setup, and have shortcuts created for each one. It seems to me that each app must be installed separately by the user, which is a pain for them. Is there an obvious way around the problem? If so, does this violate the "best practice", which seems to indicate that each app should have its own install/unistall?

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 17:56

Hi pete,

Maybe I am not getting the full picture here but, in it's simplest form you should be able to install 9 .exe's each with its own shortcut within one installation.  You may only get one entry in the Add/Remove programs applet but it should work.  I guess I don't understand the issue.  Do you have 9 separate setup.exe that you want to wrap up?  I shouldn't comment on the 'Best Practice' part of your question.  I have been know to be a gross violator of 'Best Practice'.

Good Luck

Kurt Schneider

pete gibbs

pete gibbs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 14:53

Hi Kurt

Yes, I seem to have 9 separate setup.exes that I need to wrap up. In VS installer one creates a 'project ' and within that project I add each VB program separately. This appears to set up the 9 setup.exes. I've never used Windows Installer so I don't know whether it has the same project structure, but since VS Installer is a development of WInstaller specific to VStudio I would assume there are certain similarities, project being one such.

Regards,
Pete