This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing MSI 2.0 Engine With ISWI 2.01

3 replies to this topic

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 23:05

Is there any way to update the MSI 2.0 service using ISWI 2.01? I found several articles on updating the setup.ini file with the [Supportos] stuff and MsiVersion changes, but i tried this and it does not work.

On the InstallShield site Document ID: Q105501, it lists that a new setup.exe needs to get put on your CD. But this mentions that it is only good for the 2.03 version.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

-daren kobata
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 20:09

I don't know if it will work with 2.01. But why don't you use 2.03?

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 20:58

I can't use 2.03 because the upgrade from 2.01 to 2.03 does not build.  I get the -3705 error can't build custom action table.  But if you look at the SetupCompleteError dialog, the SetupInterrupted dialog and the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog the sequence numbers are correct -3, -2, and -1.  There is nothing wrong with my custom actions.  They worked in 2.01.  

Also, when I look at my upgrade table, the upgrade demolishes it and I can't put the values back in.  Even if I delete all custom actions, I still get the error.  I think there is a bug with the upgrade and somehow it hoses my project.

any ideas?

thanks in advance,

-daren kobata
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 16:37

Under Windows Installer -> Tools and Tips -> Launchers and Runtime Installers there are some tools that you can use to replace InstallShield's setup.exe.