This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature State = "advertised" after modify. How?

1 reply to this topic

maschine

maschine
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 17:07

Hello,

I am having a bit of an obscure problem regarding Feature States.

Short Description of my IS Project:
I have a few Features of which 4 are related to this problem. 2 Features are visible and can be selected / deselected by the user. The other 2 are invisible and always installed.

I am using InstallShield Developer 7.04

The scenario which leads to my problem is like this:
1) I do a full install (both visible features are selected)
2) I do a modify of the install where I deselect Feature 2.. so the files (which are listed in the components) of Feature2 were uninstalled.. all is well

3) I do a remove. This has to remove everything, but when I look in the Filesystem, some files were not removed.. These are the files of one of the invisible Features. When I look in the verbose log of the 3rd install, it says this invisible feature has the state "advertised" !!!!
In my Installshield project I have every feature set to "advertise not allowed" so...
And the other hidden feature has the correct state "local" and I don't recognize any significant difference between the 2 hidden features in regard of this problem..

How can this be?
Where does the advertised state come from?

I dont understand.

I am hoping someone can help or give a hint why the behaviour is like that.

Igor.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 17:24

I suspect that you broke some component rule, e.g. included one file in multiple components.
Can you generate verbos MSI log files of all these operations, then see if you can find any SELMGR messages in any of the logs.