This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS 5.0

1 reply to this topic

fdmourao

fdmourao
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 16:15

Hi all,
I'm using Internet Information Services view in InstallShield in order to create two virtual directories. During installation the user is asked to introduce the names for these virtual directories.
Rigth after the user introduces the names for the virtual directories I use the following statement:

CODE

TextSubSetValue ( "<IIS_VD_1>", sVD1, TRUE );
TextSubSetValue ( "<IIS_VD_2>", sVD2, TRUE );

where :
- sVD1 and sVD2 contain the strings with the names introduced by the user
- <IIS_VD_1> and <IIS_VD_2> are the strings set for the virtual directories
Display Name property in IIS configuration view pane.

Well... this works fine for Windows XP Professional (IIS 5.1) and Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6.0). Allthough when I install the package in a Windows 2000 Server (IIS 5.0) the virtual directories are created with the following names: DisplayName1 and DisplayName2.

I don't understand why this happens. Can anyone help me on this one?
InstallShield requires IIS 4.0, thus this feature should not have problems with IIS 5.0.

Thanx in advance

fdmourao

fdmourao
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 17:11

Forget this issue!! There was no error!!!
I'm using a multi-lingual string table for the installer, and the string table associated with the language I was using to install on Windows 2000 Server did not have the strings <IIS_VD_1> and <IIS_VD_2> but DisplayName1 and DisplayName2 instead.

My fault.
Sorry.... :-)