This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to change images displayed in dialogs?

3 replies to this topic

Matti Maenpaa

Matti Maenpaa
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 11:35

I want to change the image shown on the left side of tje welcome and finishing dialogs, and I also want to get rid of that InstallShield icon on top of that image.

I'm working in a standard project.

I've already changed the image displayed on top of the most dialogs by using the DialogSetInfo() function. I've also managed to edit the SdWelcome() dialog with the Dialogs editor to suite my purposes (changed the image's file path and deleted the small image from top of the main image).

But how do I make the same for 'Wizard Completed' and 'Preparing for Install' dialogs? I couldn't find those from the IDE.

Please, help me to make my installer look the way it's supposed to be in our company... ;-)

-Matti

Matti Maenpaa

Matti Maenpaa
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 12:49

OK, I think I got it working - just thought IS would have made this a bit more straightforward :-o

First thing was to use a splash screen. The other solution included two options, either change the default .bmp file included in IS7's installation folder (bad idea when building the project on multiple hosts), or to manually change the bitmap name from all dialogs used (manual work, I prefer scripting).

But this issue is OK now, I can explain in more detail if someone else needs help on this.

-Matti

Dejan

Dejan
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 16:08

hello, matti,
i have the same problem these days  :)
What i want to do is to place our company logos (bitmap) everywhere it is possible. How? Could you describe the process? I'm using IS Developer 7.03, standard project.
Thanks in advance
Dejan

BugKiller

BugKiller
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 16:06

Hi @ All

It is very easy to change the default graphics in a setup if you use Visual Studio Net.

In the folder Redist you will find a lot of languages if you
use the language packs.
You must change each language '_isres.dll'
Example:
Start VSNET and open the file
D:\InstallShield_Developer_7xx\Redist\0407\i386\_isres.dll

Change the graphics and save this. Thats all.
You can create your own company design.
But attention you must make a backup from Redist before.
It's better if you kill anything!

hope that helps
BugKiller