This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need help on uninstallation

1 reply to this topic

the_force

the_force
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:31

Hi,

I have the next problem.

In my installation, the setup.exe file (or .msi database) is installed in the TARGETDIR (the installation folder selected by the user). Then I make a shortcut to that file to allow user to uninstall/repair the software without using Add/Remove Programs on Control Panel.

When I uninstall the program using Add/Remove Programs, all files and directories are removed properly. But when I uninstall the program using my shortcut to the msi database, the installation folder (TARGETDIR) is not removed and is left empty.

I know is logical because a directory that is not empty can't be removed by the installation, but I need that shortcut.

Does anybody know haw can I solve the problem????

I use Orca to create the Installation Database.

Thanks in advance.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 23:11

Do you have to use setup.exe to uninstall your program?

You should be able to use the msiexec executable to remove your program. HAve a look inside the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

See what the other products have their uninstall string set at. You should then be able to create one for your install.