This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error occured while parsing installer setup file

5 replies to this topic

nnjcsc

nnjcsc
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 19:03

I'm getting this error message when I run Installscript projects that I just built. I've searched everywhere trying to figure this out.

Error occured while parsing installer setup file ..\path\setup.ini
or
The file could not be located.

daengh

daengh
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 19:13

Are you sure the file was installed where you think it is? You should avoid relative path entries in your InstallScript and use path variables.

IIRC, a relative path will resolve from where the installer executable is running, not from <TARGETDIR>. IF you need to get the file from <TARGETDIR>\path\setup.ini, that's what you should speciify.

nnjcsc

nnjcsc
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 16:26

Ignore the path. I just typed the ..\path\ etc instead of the cluttering the message with the long path. And the path included my product name I did not want to display.

The real error is:

Error occured while parsing installer setup file (then the path to the setup.ini file is displayed here in the error message dialog.)

The setup.ini file exists in the location.

I have done an exhaustive internet search to try to find this error message and I cannot find it anywhere.

It could be a windows installer error message. Does anyone know where a windows installer forum is?

nnjcsc

nnjcsc
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 17:03

I've attached the error message, but I blocked out the product name from the path. I'm getting this error message on other projects that I compile on my machine.

Attached Images

• WindowsInstallerError.jpg

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:24

It could be a windows installer error message. Does anyone know where a windows installer forum is?

Is Windows Installer (MSI) involved in this setup or is it pure InstallScript? The Windows Installer section can be found in the "Windows Installer (MSI)" box at http://forum.installsite.net .
Is X: a subst'ed drive? Windows Installer doesn't work well with subst.
Is X: a network drive? Does the drive mapping exist for the account in which the setup is running (which might by LocalSystem if UAC is enabled)? And does the account have sufficient permissions for that drive/directory? ProcessMonitor from Microsoft SysInternals should tell you any file access issues.

nnjcsc

nnjcsc
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 15:31

It is an InstallScript project, not MSI. This is not the only InstallScript project I had the same issue with.