This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

EzXXX function (genesis and meaning?).

3 replies to this topic

gronchi

gronchi
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 15:29

Hi to all,
just a curiosity...
browsing IS help I run into some script function begining with Ez (EzBatchxxx, EzConfigyyy and EzDefineDialog), what Ez prefix stay for?

I know, for example, Sdxxx function are script dialog box functions, so Sd stay for "scrip Dialog", but I didn't find Ez explanations.
And, while we are at it, what about Ctrlxxx functions? I think Ctrl = control, but what control does it refers?

Thanks.
Ciao, Giuseppe

P.S. I'm always curios about InstallShield product history, anecdotes, and so on...

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 17:42

There are also things like RegDBGetKeyValueEx  and RegDBSetKeyValueEx which have an Ex on the end.
user posted image

gronchi

gronchi
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 17:16

Ok, I had an answer on the official InstallShield web forum.
So Ez stay for "easy" (to do) because pronuncing it it's quite similar (phonetcis).
The "Ez" functions are opposed to the "advanced" function (i.e. EzBatchAddPath vS. BatchAdd and so on...).

I suppose the "Ex" into RegDBGetKeyValueEx and RegDBSetKeyValueEx stay for extended but I'm not sure.

Ciao

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 23:19

Yeah, I would agree that Ez means extended due to things like SdRegisterUser and SdRegisterUserEx where the latter has an additional field for the serial number.
user posted image