This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System.BadImageFormatException

5 replies to this topic

ddeward

ddeward
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 15:53

I have a C# DLL that worked fine as a .NET Install Class component, however after I installed .NET 2.0 and rebuild the DLL using Visual Studio 2005, my install does not work. I suspect that the msiexec doesn't know which InstallUtil.dll to use. How does it decide between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
dan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 19:07

Maybe this article will help you:
http://support.insta...ticleid=Q111934

ddeward

ddeward
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 16:03

Thanks for the reply. I do have this update installed. In interest of time, I've moved my installer class code from the component list and moved the code into an exe that is launched at the end of the install. This way I avoid any future quirks introduced by the interaction between Installshield and the .NET framework.

Thanks,
Dan

ddeward

ddeward
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 14:30

I take that back. It really was fixed by the update. However, in tools/options/.NET, the InstallUtilLib.dll was pointing to the wrong version.

It's always something! Thanks for the help.

Dan

Veener

Veener
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 14:45

I have this problem as well, but I am using InstallShield DevStudio 9 (with a Basic MSI Project)

In the Installshield GUI, I have set the Regasm.exe and InstallUtilLib.dll to the correct new locations:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtilLib.dll

But I still get an error 1001.InstallUtilLib.dll: Unknown error. when I run the installation. This goes away when I turn off the ".NET Installer Class" on the component. This was working beautifully when the application was built using .net framework v1.1 but we have since upgraded to v2.0...

Does a patch exist for previous versions of InstallShield? If not, what workarounds should I consider? I need to do several things including:
- updating several app.config (and web.config) files
- installing/removing NT services
- starting/stopping NT services

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 20:23

Support for .NET 2.0 is one of the new features of the latest InstallShield version. I don't expect they'll give it away as a free update.

NT Services don't require a custom action, they are supported in the Advanced component settings.

Updating your .config files will require a custom action, but in general it's recommended to use a DLL (or EXE) instead of a installer class.