This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

? About Creating Custom Dll Dialogs

5 replies to this topic

MichaelAllen

MichaelAllen
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 21:52

Creating Custom Dialog and Dialog proc dll for use in MSI
I have seen this question posted in many different ways but I have never seen an answer to it. Is this something that can be done ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 00:50

You can call a function in a DLL as custom action.
That function might display a dialog.
Where exactly is your problem: Creating a DLL? Creating and storing a dialog in a DLL? Handling dialog control messages in a DLL? Exporting the function from the DLL? Calling the function from your setup? Passing data between your setup and the DLL?

ABhatnagar

ABhatnagar
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 15:56

As I am replying, this post has been viewed 111 times with no response. I am trying to do exactly this, but am having trouble creating the dialog in the function of the DLL. I can do it using an EXE, but this fails when using a DLL. Can anyone provide some sort of example?

Thanks so much.

MSIB

MSIB
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 14:10

See this sample:DialogDLL.zip

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 04:48

I would like to show the Dialog from the custom action. I guess i must be using the CreateDialog() API but thats the farthest I know blink.gif . Can somebody give me the code to illustrate this? I tried using MFC and CDialog but faced a monumental failure.

Any help would be appreciated.

MSIB

MSIB
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:02

Source code for DLL is in dialogdll.msi .You should install this package .