This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

getting rid of SetupCompleteSuccess dialog when uninstalling

5 replies to this topic

Talia cohen

Talia cohen
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 13:03

when uninstalling a product, the last dialog that the end user gets is the same one as in the installtion (SetupCompleteSuccess dialog).
i would like to be able to skip this dialog because it shows the "show readme file" checkbox, wich is not suitable when the user trys to uninstall.  

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2001 - 00:23

The other option is to place a condition on the checkbox so that it does not appear during uninstallation.  The default checkbox has the condition not installed on it, so it should not display during uninstallation.

80LPJ

80LPJ
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 01:17

Hi, I have the same problem. Instead of a checkbox, I want to be able to disable  a text box so it does not show up during uninstall.  I do not know how to do it.  How do you make it dynamically appear or disappear?

thanks
80LPJ
ISWI user

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 06:03

Go to the behaviour section of your dialog box, then select the control that you would like to disable.  At the bottom of the right hand pane, there will be a tab called Conditions.  In this tab, enter the action you want (hide), then the condition you want (probably Installed).

80LPJ

80LPJ
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2001 - 17:49

Thank you, Leigh. That trick solved a couple of my problems.  I appreciate your help.

80LPJ