This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Network share and SdAskDestPath

3 replies to this topic

peterpan1

peterpan1
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:37

Hello together,

I do have a problem with my installation created with Installshield 2008 professional.

I use SdAskDestPath to ask for a path. In my application most of the time this destination path points to a network share on another machine.

When the SdAskDestPath shows up during installation I can select the destination folder. Unfortunately this is not working with Windows 7 Professional, the browse button does not show me my connected network share???
But it is working with Server 2008 and Windows XP.

Does anyone has an idea what I did wrong or missed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you very much, Peter

Edited by peterpan1, 02 April 2010 - 12:38.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 14:21

That's probably a side effect of user account control (UAC). When you elevate your setupo, it gets switched to the LocalSystem account. Does LocalSystem have access top that network share?

peterpan1

peterpan1
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:22

Hello Stefan,

UAC is switched off or better put to the lowest level.

About the LocalSystem Account access to the share, I'm not shure if I understand.

I connected to the share via my account on the file server, which is not the same as on local machine. Anyway I do see the share in Explorer and can acess all files there.

Any idea how I can change this so it is working?

Thank you very much, Peter

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 16:46

UAC is switched off or better put to the lowest level.
In this case I have no idea what is causing your problem. (by the way; disabling UAC is not recommended)