This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom action on vista fails...

2 replies to this topic

yesso

yesso
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:56

Hello,

i have a custom action in my installer, which installs a mmc snap-in about the tool installtutil.exe. it works under win xp and server 2003 (32 and 64-bit) but not under win vista or server 2008.

i have googled and readed that this behaviour is because of rights in which the custom action is started...

have anyone an solution for this problem ?

thx
yesso

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 13:54

Where have you scheduled this action? Is the snap-in installed by an MSI? Since you can't run two MSI execute sequences at once, and since you need to run custom actions as deferred in system context for them to inherit elevated rights (which can only be done in the execute sequence) you may have to install your snap-in as a pre-requesite.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

yesso

yesso
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 14:19

sorry, in my first post i mean my msi works on win server 2003 64-bit but not on server 2008 64-bit...

i scheduled this action in "deferred execution in system context" synchron and check the exit code.

thx
yesso