This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent uninstallation thro scripts

3 replies to this topic

Kalpana

Kalpana
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:51

Hi,
I'm looking for a silent uninstallation option thro scripts. I'm using DevStudio 9 version of InstallShield.

I have to detect if any version of our product is already installed on the target PC. If present then I have to silently uninstall the product and then continue with the normal installation process (normal installation is NOT silent installation). All this has to be done thro scripts.

I'm detecting previously installed product in OnBegin(). Getting the "UninstallString" from registry. The uninstall string consists of the path to the IDriver.exe and the product code.

I parse this string, separate the IDriver.exe and the product code and pass this to LaunchAppAndWait();

For instance:
szProgramName = <IDriverPath>\IDriver.exe
szCmdLine = /M{ProductCode} + " /uninst";

LaunchAppAndWait(szProgramName, szCmdLine, WAIT)

This calls the Maintenance dialog (with Modify, Repair, Remove options) which does not indicate that its a silent uninstallation. Is this the right way of calling uninstall from scripts. If not can anyone tell how to silently uninstall the product from scripts.

Thanks in advance,
Kalpana

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:49

Uninstall is also performed by script, just like install. This means that for a silent uninstall you should use the /s option and provide a .iss response file (recorded during uninstall). Or you define a custom command line option and if your script detects this option it simply doesn't display any dialogs.

dwaraka

dwaraka
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:32

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue] I tried to generate reponse file. but silent uninstallation is not working. Any other suggestions.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 13:45

How does it fail?