This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

pass public properties

2 replies to this topic

ConfigControl

ConfigControl
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 14:32

I set public properties (ALLCAPS) in the UI Seq in an InstallScript using MsiSetProperty() and I want to use them (MsiGetProperty()) in a Deferred (InstallScript) Custom Action in the Execute Seq but they don't seem to carry over. Anyone have any ideas?

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 18:04

Yeah... properties don't carry over to deferred actions, public or not.

The only property you can access in a deferred action is CustomActionData.  To set this earlier on in the script, you need to set a property with the same name as the Custom Action.

Example:
CustomAction MyDefAction needs to access ALLCAPS but it is deferred.

Add an extra Custom Action in the execute sequence and call it "MpaMyDefAction":
Type: 51
Source: MyDefAction
Target: [ALLCAPS]

Of course, if you need to pass more than one Property, you need to delimit them with something and break them down in your custom action.

Something like:
Target: [INSTALLDIR];[ALLCAPS]

joze

joze
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 10:55

Additional note.
I had the same problem and tried the solution as listed here but I didn't manage to understand it. A more detailed description is available from InstallShield knowledge base article Q104413 available at http://support.installshield.com/kb.