This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation

3 replies to this topic

preethi

preethi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 07:59

Hi all

I am using Instashield Professional 6.3 Version

When I uninstall my application, I want to show a tick mark for the respective files being uninstalled,

[For example, selfregistering files being uninstalled, non-self registering files being uninstalled and so on]

as it will be shown during the uninstallation of DNAH323

and not through the dialog box shown at the right hand end of the screen on uninstallation.

Is such uninstallation option feasible with Installshield.If so please help out in sorting it out.

Thanks
:(

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 11:59

Hi,

if you use components inside of your setup (to sort your types of files to be installed), it should be rather easy. Once InstallShield's uninstaller displays the 3-mode-dialogue (Maint./Repair/Remove all) and the user selects Remove all: call your components' dialogue to have the user check or uncheck what shall be removed. Then don't call RemoveAll() but ComponentReinstall(), instead.

But this does not remove the entry in Add/Remove Software.

Is this sort of what you were looking for?

Eberhard

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 15:22

I understand your suggestion EberhardH, but no, I don't think that's what preethi is looking for.  Sounds like he just wants more explicit status messages during the uninstall process.

Since you're relying on the automatic method for uninstalling and don't have access to the source, I don't believe this is really feasible.  To do so I think you'd have to write your own uninstaller recorder for use during installation and then a subsequent uninstall process.  Not an easy or worthwhile task just to get such messages.

However, if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me as it seems I learn new things about IS every week.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 16:17

In IS6 the uninstall is script driven so you have some choices. By default the uninstall dialog is quite similar to the install dialog with a progress bar and text information above it. If you prefer a custom dialog design (e.g. with check marks for each removed component) you would have to create such a dialog yourself (and handle the update of the checkmarks). You could use the Component_Uninstalling, Component_Uninstalled and OnUninstallingFile evnt handlers.