This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Warning 6428

4 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 22:03

I'm getting some warning messages (-6428) that my project can't find certain files. The thing that I don't understand is that these files are already included in my project. I've tried adding the "missing" files individually and adding them as a merge module. What is going on?

Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 22:07

I guess the file is not in the path where InstallShield is looking for it.

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 19:46

I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I even had a hard time trying to remember what I was talking about when I re-read it. smile.gif

I have some third party files (7 to be exact) that I've added to my project because some of our other files depend on them. When I build the project, it sees that these third party files are required by our files and tries to add them as dependencies, even though they are already in the project.

Now a strange thing is that it only complains that it can't find 3 of the 7 files, even though they are all in the same place. I added the location to the PATH environment variable, but don't know what else to try.

I know I can have the compiler not scan for dependencies on our files, but in my mind, I shouldn't have to. I'd think that it should know that the files were already added and not try to add them again.

Any thoughts?

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 14:48

I really don't know, but I found the file dependency check to be problematic so I turned it off.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:05

I totally agree with Stefan, the file dependency scanner is useless.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul