This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Installation of DLL's with the setup

2 replies to this topic

ninadbhise

ninadbhise
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:33

Hello,

I want to install a program which uses SQLDMO. In this case, on target machine if SQL Server is installed then i dont want to copy SQLDMO.dll and related DLL's in other case where SQL Server is not present I want to copy these DLL's.

The solution I did was I created a Global Property SQLDMO_PRESENT. I used SYSTEMSEARCH and searched SQLDMO.DLL on the target machine.

and the components section in the properties of each DLL i added the condition SQLDMO_PRESENT <> ""

And this worked. But now its having some problems.
Can any body tell me how to do the above .

thanks
Ninad

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 12:24

That depends on what problem you now have.
I doubt that you can redistribute sqldmo.dll on it's own. I think you need to install SQL Server or MSDE.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 17:29

I managed to create MSMs for SQLDMO v. 7 and 2000 (sorry, cannot give away these).

I enforce two requirements: IE 5.01 and MDAC 2.6sp2. (The latter is also installed, when omitted.) These requirements are probably not necessary for SQLDMO 7, and maybe not even SQLDMO 2000, but I had no time to figure this out.

Deployment is described in the deployment text (REDIST.TXT). I include the original (non-SP) versions of both SQLDMO 7 and 2000. With respect to DMO2000, the file Sqlunirl.dll does not have to be included: it is part of MDAC 2.6.

My installation always installs SQLDMO - it does not try to detect existing versions. One of the reasons is that software like MSDE can be uninstalled, and SQLDMO goes too.

Hope this helps.