This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Selectiontree CD or Local

5 replies to this topic

Mr.G

Mr.G
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 16:22

I have lots of image files that I want the user to be able to choose to install local or leave them on CD when selecting custom setup.
I've been trying to get the Selectiontree control to display "leave on CD" or similar instead of the default setting "install local".

Does any one have a solution to this?

thanx
Simon

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:58

Don't have Installshield developer here, but I think you can change this in the Setup Design view. Select a feature and change the default installation type to something like "run from CD".
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Mr.G

Mr.G
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:26

Ok, thank you. I found one setting on the features component property Remote Installation. Here I have three options Favor Local, Favor Source and Optional. When I set this to Optional the user are able to choose from Network and Local install. But I need Leave on CD or similar. I don't know if this will change when I run the installation from CD.
Any ideas?

/Simon

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:36

Maybe you need to run the release wizard and chose a cd build? If not, running from CD is really no different from run from source, so it might be that putting the setup on CD will do the difference. Finally, I would assume that the setup should be uncompressed for this to work.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 18 May 2004 - 08:38.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:29

The option will be called "network" if you are running form a non-removeable drive (local hard disk or network), and it will be called "CD" if you're running from a removeable drive. For more information see this article:
http://www.installsi...etupOptions.htm

Mr.G

Mr.G
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:39

Great! Thank you, now I can stop searching for some one who are willing to test burn my project just to see that the "Run from CD" appears.

regards
Simon