This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield for Windows CE?

1 reply to this topic

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 20:49

Does this product even exist anymore? What are people using for installing to handhelds?

kjl

kjl
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2001 - 20:45

I don't know anything about that application but I have been able to download a CE object off of the installshield.com website.  The documentation on this is very poor, but what I have done was to create a component and right click on the component so that you will be able to insert an installer object. From there you will be able to select the CE object and this will take you through the object wizard in creating a .cab file.  During the installation the component will be selected and the installer will first need to install the cab files onto the desktop pc and this will automatically kick off the ceappmgr.exe which will pick up the cab file associated to your device.  The ceappmgr.exe will load the cab file onto the device and then the ceload.exe will install it onto the pocket pc.

Kyle