This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Check if SOAP is installed

4 replies to this topic

Sunny_xms

Sunny_xms
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 13:25

How can I check if MS SOAP is installed? and I'd like to abort installation with user friendly message if it doesn't.

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 15:08

I don't know about SOAP but if there's a file or registry entry that indicates this, then you could set up a system search and a launch condition with the result of the search.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 15:25

SOAP is installed via a very buggy merge module most of the time. I assume you could query the windows installer database for the GUID of this merge module. If it exists you continue.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Sunny_xms

Sunny_xms
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 16:15

Thank you for your help.

In my installation I decided to search through registry for SOAP's COM Objects registration - MSSOAP.SoapServer, MSSOAP.SoapClient and e.t.c.

I've also checked MS SQLXML distrib that requires SOAP. Well, it checks for MSSOAP1.dll (MinVersion="1.2.812.0") at [CommonFilesFolder]\MSSOAP\Binaries.

Sunny_xms

Sunny_xms
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 14:30

Ok, I've done it. My installation won't run if SOAP doesn't exist on user's computer. So, In table LaunchCondition I have condition: SOAP_SEARCH <> "", where SOAP_SEARCH is a property that is empty("") if no SOAP found.

Now I try to uninstall it (click on "Remove" in Add/Remove programs). But I get a message from LaunchCondition that SOAP doesn't exist. But it exists! It seems so, that when uninstallation runs by clicking on "Remove", properties do not initialized... Am I right?

So, the question is how to skip this condition on unistallation?

I tried (NOT Installed) AND (SOAP_SEARCH <> "") but it doesn't help.

Thank you.