This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Include Files

3 replies to this topic

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 18:47

Hi All,

I know I found some information about running common code in multiple projects several weeks ago, but I can't find it again.

I need to include the same file in more then one project, but I'm not sure how to do that.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Becky

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 21:25

Looks like Stefan had to clean previous posts but the gist of it was that the code you want to be common should be in a rul file and placed in the IS app dir which contains all its rul files.  Then you just #include it in your script.  You probably can put the #include in ifx.rul or someother file that is always included and it will always be available without the individual #includes in the different projects.  This is if the code is static (and we are thinking of the same previous post.)

If the common code is changes, you can use a custom object and when it is rebuilt it will be registered and when other projects are rebuilt they will contain the updated object.

(Edited by lasenbby at 8:28 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 23:18

We use very primitive objects...LOL
Our common code is versioned into a special directory.  At build time, by way of batch file, the common code and include files are copied to the install project's Scripts directory prior to firing off the InstallShield project compilation.  Works like a charm!

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 23:39

Thanks, lasenbby.  That was enough to jog my memory.  I almost have it working except my common file can't seem to see ifx.h.  I'm sure I'll get it.

Becky